Thursday, May 28, 2015

DCP Update: Location, Housing, and Classes

Hey y'all!

I haven't posted a Disney College Program update since spring break, when I had my character audition (which I didn't pass, by the way). With graduation over and Disney just around the corner (two more weeks -- holy shiz!), I was finally able to create a brief video to update family, friends and followers about the status of my program.



So. Let's address each section individually, shall we?

Location: Yes, I am working in the lovely Grand Floridian Resort and Spa! I'm super thrilled to be
The Grand = home :)
Image via a Google search.
working at the same resort I stayed at last summer, giving me an inside look at such a beautiful hotel. My exact location is Gasparilla Island Grill, doing quick service food and beverage. This could mean cashier, cleaning tables, running food -- pretty much anything, as long as it's not cooking. My position will vary day-to-day, but after working in the campus dining hall for three years, this should be no sweat! I will continue to audition for performing roles throughout the program -- stay tuned!

Housing: As I said in the video, I will not explain the process of DORMS, because honestly, I'm not the best source of information concerning technical DCP stuff. But I can say that normally you're supposed to be able to link up with at least four girls. I don't know what the problem is, but the program is only letting you link up with two girls right now, making three including yourself. Therefore, my group of six (including me) split in half. Michelle, Dana and I requested to room together. I believe Dana requested one random roommate, with the second choice of three random roommates -- so there's a possibility we find ourselves with Miranda, Kaysee and Rebecca! I'm sure whichever random roommate(s) we get will end up being great. I'll post again as soon as I know exactly where we're living, and I'll be sure to film an apartment tour, too.

A photo posted by Molly the Disney Freak (@mollythedisneyfreak) on


Classes: There are three types of classes offered through DCP. The first kind comes with homework, tests and college credit; the second is broadly covers a major or field of study; and the third is major-specific. Because of my recent college graduation, I don't need any credits and didn't want to pay the small fee. Therefore, I am only taking the second kind (seminar). As of now, I'm still technically on the waitlist for a leadership seminar. In August, I plan on signing up for the marking seminar and show production.

Well, there ya have it, folks! Please comment with any questions, and I'll be sure to respond!

Again, I'm super thrilled to be doing this program and that my loverly followers can be a part of it with me!

See ya all real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3