Wednesday, May 22, 2013

King Louie’s Still Got the Beat!

Extremely recently, I posted about the upcoming show ‘Mickey and the Magical Map,’ coming to Disneyland’s Fantasyland Theater.  In fact, said post had a title basically the same as this one’s (find the difference?).

In that post, I shared with you a clip of a backstage rehearsal of The Jungle Book number “I Wanna Be Like You” used in the show.

Well, literally two days ago, InsidetheMagic.net (get used to see them mentioned a lot around here!) shared even more exclusive sneak peeks at the showOne of the videos they posted shows a preview of a dress rehearsal for the show, including the King Louie piece, now complete with costumes and set!

And, sorry Dewey, but the stilted dancers aren’t giraffes.

Video form YouTube. Check out the InsidetheMagic.net article for another cool behind-the-scenes video! Random, but in the thumbnail, Flynn looks like he’s just seen a ghost!

The screen (er, I mean, the magical map) looks great.  However, Yen Sid did look a bit…unfinished?  Something just seemed off with him.

I really really love the “I Wanna Be Like You” number, especially with the colorful jungle set!  I thought it was interesting that the trumpet player wasn’t the same guy from before -- and yet the article has a picture with the original guy.  And did some of the dance moves for Louie change?  Well, I still love it anyway.


Capture
Love this set so much!
Video screencapture by THE Disney Freak and
taken from the included video.
And the ending scene (of the video) with Flynn and Rapunzel, Pocahontas, and Mulan almost gives me chills.  It’s very well-done.  I had a hard time understanding what Pocahontas was singing – “I See the Light” with our Tangled stars or “Just Around the Riverbend”?  I’m not sure.


Capture
Such a great scene.
Video screencapture by THE Disney Freak and
taken from the included video.
All in all, I am really excited to see this show – online, of course, and hopefully someday at Disneyland.  While I don’t expect it to replace Fantasmic! as my absolute favorite show (really, anything Disney), I do think Mickey and his magical map will become a new favorite of mine.

See ya all real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3