Monday, January 30, 2012

Walt Disney on Disney Sequels

Just yesterday, my grandmother gave me a book of hers on Disneyland.  In it, the last paragraph on the very last page, is a quote from Walt Disney himself I found interesting.  I thought I'd share it with you.

"'You hate to repeat yourself,' Walt Disney said.  'I don't like to make sequels to my pictures'" (63).

Why did I find this quote interesting?

Because it sums up how I feel about most Disney sequels.  I'll have more in-depth posts later.  This is just a taste of what's yet to come.

Later, in other posts, I will be analyzing different Disney sequels to tell you what I like and don't like overall.  Then I'll do a final post that will sum up everything, like that quote above, and give you a full look at why I don't really like Disney sequels (or any movie sequels for that matter) very much.

Work Cited:
Sklar, Martin A. Walt Disney's Disneyland. USA: Walt Disney Productions, 1969.  Print.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3