Tuesday, August 12, 2014

RIP Robin Williams: A Tribute

Robin Williams, who died of an apparent suicide at age 63 last night, was a well-loved and talented man.  Once the news broke, tributes filled the Internet – tributes from Hollywood celebrities to regular people – all who were touched by the incredible actor.

To Disney fans, Robin Williams is best known as the Genie from Aladdin.


We ain't never had a friend like him.

I have collected several of these tributes – the ones I believe are the most touching.  I have always loved Robin Williams and his gift for making others laugh, so hearing about his death broke my heart.

But as the Academy puts it:



















Jim Meskimen is the current voice actor for Genie, having taken over the role in 2008.










Scott Weinger is the voice of Aladdin.





Zelda Williams is Robin William's daughter (and she is also an actress). This was her post on Instagram in tribute to her father.


This image was created by Eric Goldberg, who supervised
the animation for the Genie in Aladdin.
Image from Inside the Magic's Facebook page.



Image from Twitter post.

Thank you for the laughter, Robin Williams.  You are now free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3