Thursday, October 2, 2014

Watch: How Marc Davis Created Maleficent

If you’re an avid follower of my Blog here, you should definitely know by now how much I freaking love Maleficent. She’s definitely my favorite Disney villain, simply because of the aura of mystery and elegance she has.

(You should also know how much I hate the 2014 film Maleficent, but that’s all in another post.)

Image from laughingplace.com
With the upcoming release of the Sleeping Beauty Diamond Edition Blu-ray in just a few days, Disney is doing all they can to promote this fantastic film. Disney has especially been revealing glimpses of some of the bonus features available on the Blu-ray.

Among these bonus features is a short documentary on how Marc Davis created the iconic villain.

In this exclusive preview from Entertainment Weekly, Davis’ wife Alice and animator Andreas Deja discuss how Maleficent’s design helped steal the limelight of the movie.



Because Deja worked for Disney (he animated Gaston, Scar, and Jafar, among others), he had access to those original Marc Davis' rough animations. I would die to own one!

Why do you think Maleficent’s character is so alluring? Let me know in the comments below!

See you all real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3