Thursday, October 2, 2014

‘Pirates’ 5 to Film in Australia Starting Next Year

We recently had a “Pirates Weekend” in my dorm, during which we watched all four of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies (so yes – I finally watched the last three!).

Afterward, I got a little depressed when I remembered I would have to wait three more years for the next film, which comes out in 2017. Yes, I know I hate sequels, but I also love Captain Jack Sparrow.

Perhaps a little (too) obsessively.
Image from watsons.co.vu.

Today, I discovered just where Pirates 5 will begin principal photography….the exotic island of Australia! Specifically: Queensland.

According to a press release from Walt Disney Studios, "the Australian government secured the film's location with a $21.6 million contribution, but estimates that the film will bring in $100 million in local revenue to Queensland while creating thousands of jobs" (Entertainment Weekly).

Jerry Bruckheimer returns to produce the film, which will be directed by Joachim Rønning and Espen Sandberg.

Filming is scheduled to start early next year which means: where can I get a ticket to Australia?

Image from future-run-away.tumblr.com

ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3