Sunday, May 3, 2015

Rumor: Is Dream Along with Mickey Closing?

Dream Along with Mickey, the stage show in front of Cinderella Castle is closing for refurbishments July 19-August 22, due to renovation and expansion of the hub.

However, the new rumor is that the show may not open after that August date--instead, that the show may be replaced.

I doubt they'd be this enthusiastic over the news.

I don't necessarily disagree with this rumor: the show is nearly 10 years old, having debuted back in 2006.



It could be time for a change.

But, I also don't think the show is dated. If it does indeed reopen, I wouldn't be disappointed. It's still a fun and entertaining story to this day, with plenty of beloved characters, despite the songs getting stuck in your head quite annoyingly easy.



I'll keep you posted on this rumor as it develops. Nevertheless, I promised Young Disney Freak I'd Skype her the show during my DCP--it's her favorite--so I better make sure to do that before July! (Also, I'll try and videograph the potentially final performance.)

However, there is a stage show confirmed to be closing for good.

Villains Mix and Mingle is performed at night during Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party. Honestly, as much as I love all the Halloween-themed events and music at Walt Disney World, Villains Mix and Mingle may be my favorite.

So when I read that it wouldn't be performed this September and October, my heart dropped. I think the show is a fun, slightly racy way to bring out the villains--or rather, the more adult, darker side of Disney. Whatever show replaces it better incorporated the villains.

After all, it's their night.

What do you think of these rumors and changes? Comment below!

See ya all real soon...and by the way: long time no see!

4 comments:

  1. I will seriously cry real tears if they replace Dream Along with Mickey. Big, sobbing, boo-hooing will commence.
    It's my absolute favorite thing about anything WDW-related. I'm going July 5-12, and now I will have to see MULTIPLE shows just in case the rumor is true.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely closing for refurbishments, but I've heard from an Instagram fan that it's just a rumor about it closing for good. As of yet, I don't have any official word about the show being replaced. But yes, make sure to see it as much as you can!

      Delete
  2. Oh and mnsshp is sanderson sisters now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, ma'am! Read all about that here: http://thedisneyfreakblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/new-halloween-stage-show-featuring.html

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3