Saturday, September 8, 2012

Didn't Know What to Make of That

So my new study partner (or "study buddy") from American Literature is also on the women's soccer team here at my college.  Wanting to support her and the team, I went to their game last Saturday.

Towards the end of the first half, two men and a young child come into my row and sit down one seat away from me.

The closest man was probably in his 30's and obviously the father of the child.  I didn't really get a glimpse of the other man, but I think he was older, maybe the grandfather.

Well, when they sat down, what struck me was that the little boy, around 3 or 4 years in age, held a Disney Princess umbrella.

Cute but at the same time, just a little weird...

He asked his dad (the man I assume to be his dad, as he was sitting in that man's lap the whole time) to untie the ribbon and open it, and the father replied, "Not now; later."

Maybe the little boy received the umbrella as a hand-me-down from possible older female siblings (that sounds very formal, doesn't it?).  It was just a little weird, but I'm cool with a little boy having one.  I'm not labeling Disney Princesses as girls only, but it was just a little weird.

I guess I took this as weird mainly because my unnamed brother, while he got into baby dolls like my sisters, never got into Disney Princesses like them.  He likes the movies, but he's not all about the toys and stuff.

What are your thoughts?  What would you make of a little boy with a Disney Princess umbrella?

They left during half-time, so they were only there for around ten minutes.

Got more great posts to share with you, so see ya all real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3