Sunday, September 23, 2012

Just Can't Wait to be...Queen?

While I live(d) in Minnesota, I was actually born in Maryland, unlike my other siblings.  When I was a year old or so, my parents decided to move to Minnesota, as my dad's family all lived there.

And until we bought our own house, we lived with my uncle, aunt, and...Nicest Cousin Ever.

We were young at the time.

And he wasn't named back then of course.  But I can't (or won't, is more like it) use his real name.

Now, NiCE is not a guy who likes Disney.  No.  We used to watch Disney movies together -- we still shout "Football!" during Robin Hood, and a tradition when we visited them was watching The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride.  But that's really the extent of his Disney past.  When we'd play with his toy animals (this is years later), he'd choose all the tough animals like snakes and dinosaurs, while I chose to be Kiara, Kovu, and Simba and Nala.

Speaking of The Lion King, the roles used to be...well, a different story.

Rewind back to when we lived with them: me, my mom, my dad, and I.

Our favorite game to play -- we played together a lot since we were young, the parents didn't want to play with us, and we're only three months apart in age (I'm the older one!) -- was re-enacting The Lion King.  The first one.

We'd play Simba and Nala.

Guess who was Simba.

Me.

That's right.

And the male cousin played Nala.

I've decided to call him that.

Anyway, the reason I shared that was because it makes me laugh (gender-switch!) and it's an interesting story about how Disney and I have been connected for a long time.

By the way, I tease NiCE/Nala all the time about this.  Drives him crazy; his favorite excuse is: "I was little then!  And Nala's pretty sweet."

See ya all real soon! Check me out on Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and NetworkedBlogs for more Disney fun.  Coming soon -- Pinterest!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3