Wednesday, October 14, 2015

'Kimbra's Wish' Masterfully and Beautifully Pays Homage to Classic Disney Song

I absolutely love featuring creative talent by my fellow Disney fans. Which is exactly why I got excited upon receiving this tweet:



Adam is a visual effects artist, who has even worked on Coraline (Tim Burton fans, get excited!). He sent me "Kimbra's Wish," a Disney tribute he made with New Zealand singer-songwriter Kimbra.

Both images via divatox.tumblr.com


What I absolutely love about this video is the rotoscoping. As a classic animation fan, rotoscoping is one of my favorite things. Keeping the original and beautiful animation from the film and combining it with a rotoscoped version of Kimbra results in a magical music video!

If you like music, you'll enjoy this. If you like animation, you'll enjoy this. So give it a watch below!


Kimbra's Wish (A Disney Tribute) from Adam C Sager on Vimeo.



Kimbra's take on the music is so unique, which is what makes this video stand out! It reminded me of "Wishery" by Pogo (who actually tweeted about "Kimbra's Wish"). Her voice and remix has a spellbinding and darker undertone, which took me a few listens before I could really appreciate it.



If you aren't super familiar with the original song from the classic film, here's a video for comparison. Many of Kimbra's facial expressions and gestures are exactly like Snow's!



And for even more magic, check out this behind-the-scenes video.



More behind-the-scenes footage can be found at Adam's Instagram.

ttfn!

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever specifically learned about your BMI and whether it is normal. It is recommended that you pay attention to these data to compare with your own. If you are not in the healthy data standard, please don't hesitate to wear NIKSA set activewear and start moving slowly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3