Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Tumblr Catastrophe!

This afternoon, I was looking for some .gifs on Tumblr because .gifs always make me smile (An example? Click this link).  And I thought, “Hey, let me check out Petite Tiaras; there are always really great .gifs there!”

Petite Tiaras is my absolute favorite Tumblr blog.  I don’t know found the name of the moderator -- Mary (the moderator of Petite Tiaras) is simply amazing and can produce just about anything.  Seriously, this girl has skill.  I am in awe.

So imagine my shock and despair to see this message flash across my screen (and yours, if you click the link):

Need I repeat it?
Screencapture by THE Disney Freak.

(Complete with a cute Snow White waving farewell.)

“What is the world coming to!?” I shouted.

I think I know why he or she closed down Petite Tiaras.  Mary was having trouble with people doing two things: one, removing her Petite Tiaras watermark and two, reposting her stuff instead of reblogging it on Tumblr.  Reblogging would give Mary credit, but people who repost her stuff usually pass it off as their own.

What will I do without Petite Tiaras?  According to my Tumblr account, 37% of the stuff I reblog is from Petite Tiaras, with all other Tumblr blogs having less than 10% each! 

Guess I’ll just have to find a new favorite….

Farewell, Petite Tiaras.  Mary, you did well.  Both of you shall be sorely missed.

See you all real soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3