Tuesday, June 18, 2013

A Freezing Teaser: First Look at Disney’s Frozen!

Today, Disney released the first teaser trailer for its upcoming animated feature Frozen, based on Hans Christian Andersen’s tale of The Snow Queen.

And guess where this teaser trailer appeared.

On Weather.com.

If you think about it, it does make sense.  Because at weather.com, they had this weather outlook forecast before playing the trailer, so it was a clever bit of advertising.

Video from YouTube.

Pros: the two characters are adorable!  I absolutely fell in love with the caribou/reindeer character, even though I know nothing about him so far.  According to the Disney Wiki, the snowman is named Olaf, and the reindeer is named Sven.  So can I buy myself a Sven?  He’s so cute! 



Capture
Such a cute face!
Video screencapture taken from the included video.

Overall, this is a great sneak peek that really grabs your attention with the two cute characters and amusing antics.

Cons: of course, this is a teaser trailer, which means it’s part of an advertising campaign made to tease us and gain our interest about a movie’s existence.  The real trailer will give us more information about the plot, characters, and more important stuff.  The first trailer for Frozen will be played before Monsters University, which opens this Friday (who’s going?).  So while the teaser is adorable, it doesn’t quite give me all the information I want, as expected.

Why I’m pumped for this movie: I fell in love with The Snow Queen story after watching a different animated film of it years ago, so when I heard Disney was making their own adaption of the tale, I got really excited. 

You could say as excited as I got for BraveHowever, I don’t know much about Frozen at this point as I did for Brave, so I’m actually even more excited because I knew too much about Brave.

I’m also excited because this is another fairy tale story, which is Disney’s expertise in animated movies.  Idina Menzel is voicing Elsa the Snow Queen (and villain? *big grin*), and I absolutely love Idina.

So at this point, let’s just say I cannot wait for Disney’s Frozen!


tumblr_mokyfz22G41ry7whco1_500
.gif image from trex0rapunz3l.tumblr

See ya all real soon!

What did you think of this first sneak peak to Frozen?  And which character do you think is cutest: Sven (yes!) or Olaf?  Tell me in the comments below!

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3