Thursday, May 3, 2012

It Is! It Is!

(For your information, before I start the juicy part of this post, this post's title is in answer to that of the previous post.  Did you catch that?)

As questioned in the previous post, that is indeed Merida making her soft opening debut at Epcot at Walt Disney World.  Apparently, according to The Disney Blog, characters and their hosts make soft openings like the rides to get used to being in the Parks.  Merida seems to be getting along fine, as these videos show!



She's got a great smile.  And that voice!  Love it.  I've mentioned before that I love Scottish accents, haven't I?  Oh yes, in an earlier post...

I agree with John Frost, the author of The Disney Blog post, that this actress seems a bit old to play the part of spirited teen Merida, but I think we'll get used to it.  As Frost says in the post, "But I guess you have to meet certain realities when you’re in the park."

Overall, I think Merida did a great job making her brave new appearance.  What do you think?  That's what comments are for, my friends!!

See ya all real soon!

***UPDATE***

While I thought her accent was pretty good (other than she faltered a bit), I have to say I'm not expert on accents.  Many people are complaining.  Read the comments in the post at The Disney Blog or here is a different post discussing only her accent and its controversy.

5 comments:

  1. I think she made an excellent debut.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think too. One Scottish guy commented on The Disney Blog that her accent was lacking...but I think she did really well. A lot better than me! :)

      Delete
  2. I find it interesting that they introduced her character into the parks before the movie came out. But hey, I figure everyone knows about her by now! (Unless you live under a rock...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that interesting as well!
      Haha your last comment...have you read my post "Merida's Brave Story"? Not to give my Bestie a bad name....but....

      Delete
    2. Haha yeah I did read it! Don't worry...I have some friends like that too. I went to see The Avengers yesterday and a new commercial for Brave came up and I don't think she knew what it was. But she thought it looked epic afterwards. Mission accomplished :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3