Thursday, March 7, 2013

Royal This, Royal That: New Fantasy Faire

Just today, InsidetheMagic and DisneyParks posted several new videos showcasing the new Fantasy Faire at Disneyland, which officially opens March 12 this year (also TDM’s birthday!).

Video from YouTube.

It seems I am not able to put the InsidetheMagic videos here in my blog, so I will just include a link to those.

The most important part about this new area at Disneyland is the Royal Hall, where you can meet some of your favorite Disney Princesses, as shown in this video.

Another fun attraction is the Royal Theatre, with two fun shows!  One tells the story of Rapunzel and Flynn/Eugene from Tangled.  The other tells the story of Belle from Beauty and the Beast. The cool thing about both shows is it incorporates what you could call “simple theatre,” with really just two actors/narrators doing the parts, with Flynn and Rapunzel or Belle playing themselves.

This video gives you an idea of the two shows:

Video from YouTube. The Mother Gothel and Rapunzel part was really well done!

This first link is for the full Tangled showAnd this second link is for a video of the entire Beauty and the Beast show.  Enjoy!

I’m upset that someone commented that the Belle show is better than the Enchanted Tales attraction.  From what I’ve seen and heard, the Enchanted Tales attraction is very amusing and fun, and I can’t wait to experience it in person someday!

Personally, I’m thinking the Fantasy Faire is going to be a pretty fun addition to Disneyland.  All the designs, styles, and costumes remind me of Renaissance Festivals, such as the one here in Minnesota, which I enjoy immensely because the Renaissance era and fantasy stories are my favorite things!

A sleepy Figaro and the bird who seems to be disturbing his nap!
Video screencapture by THE Disney Freak from the first included video.

To close this post (but not the day – look for an Oz post tonight!), here’s a fun video of the Figaro animatronic you got an introduction to in the first video.  I agree with the commenters on the InsidetheMagic video that the animatronic (*ahem, ahem*) looks a bit unfinished or something, but since it’s up, it must be done.

Video from YouTube. I love the Tangled music playing in the background! Very fitting.

ttfn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3