Thursday, May 9, 2013

Take a Wild Ride!

Awhile ago, around the middle of April, my friend Bridget and I went to the local thrift shop in Atchison.  My semester was getting to be stressed and not fun for me, so she wanted to have me do something for fun, not for school or work.  And I love thrift stores, so she decided to take me there.

While the overall selection wasn’t as great as other thrift stores, they did have plenty of books and movies!  I got like 12 books, 3 VHS tapes, a Animal Kingdom glass, a present for Bestie, and a present for Roomie all for $4!  I couldn’t believe it.

One of the VHS tapes I got was The Wind in the Willows, which originally was half of the animated feature The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. ToadThis is a classic Disney film, the 11th animated feature in the animated canon, so I figured it would be fun to get it for the kids (as in siblings) to watch and enjoy.

Even though I’ve had the VHS sitting in my dorm room for awhile, I didn’t get home until late Tuesday night.  We watched the movie today – twice!  It’s actually very cute and funny, and I really enjoyed the characters.

Both videos are from YouTube. Note the title card.

Upon doing research on the movie, as I like to learn trivial information and facts about movies I watch, I remembered that there is a ride at Disneyland based on the short film (and there once was a similar ride at Disney World before the Pooh ride replaced it). 

Like the movie, the dark ride is wild and crazy, so the videos on YouTube don’t really do it justice, but you can get an idea of what it’s like.


That’s all for now.  I’ll be posting again really soon for Merida’s coronation – just two days away!

ttfn!

Oh, and PS: it’s DSO’s birthday today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3