Friday, July 12, 2013

It’s the Circle of Life!

If you are a devoted follower of this Blog, you will know that my favorite Disney movie is The Lion King.  I love all of the songs from that movie but especially “Circle of Life,” both the beginning and ending versions.  Because I love this song and accompanying movie moments, it is my dream to own all the Disney merchandise I can find representing this song (especially Rafiki’s iconic pose).

And so when I discovered that Hallmark had released a musical ornament of Rafiki holding up Simba -- and musical in that the ornament played a snippet of the song -- I just knew I had to buy it!

So I searched around the Internet until I found one reasonably priced on Ebay.com.  After consulting with my father, who is the computer whiz (sort of) at home, about the prices and how to work Ebay, I went ahead and bought it – with encouragement from Roomie, as well.

Excitedly, I waited for the day when it arrived.  When I got the package slip one morning (it was a Tuesday or Thursday because I remember the specifically Tuesdays and Thursdays class I had to sit through), I waited patiently (just barely) through class until I could leave and get my package straightaway!

As soon as I got back, I snagged a pair of scissors from my room and opened it in the lounge, as Roomie was sleeping in our room (and I didn’t want to disturb her with my screams of joy).

Of course, I thought of all of you, my wonderful followers, so I had my camera ready.  Enjoy the pictures below.

Lion King Ornament (edited)
Box within a box...Disney inception.
All pictures were taken by THE Disney Freak.
Do not remove any watermarks.


Lion King Ornament
Front of the box.
Do not remove watermark.


Lion King Ornament
Back of box.
Do not remove watermark.

Lion King Ornament
Bottom of box.
Do not remove watermark.

Lion King Ornament
One side of the box.
Do not remove watermark.

Lion King Ornament
This side gave the normal price, but I got it a bit cheaper.
Do not remove watermark.

Lion King Ornament
Here they are!
Do not remove watermark.

Lion King Ornament
Do not remove watermark.

Lion King Ornament
Do not remove watermark.

Once I’d opened it, I went back in the room to find a screwdriver because it hadn’t come with batteries so the music wouldn’t play.  Roomie was awake, so I brought everything back into the room and asked her for a screwdriver, as I couldn’t find mine.

As soon as I’d put the batteries in, I turned on my camera once more to film the experience for all of you.

THE Disney Freak/The Disney Freak Blog Original Video. I think this is the first time you guys get to hear my voice!

That’s all for this time.  If you’re a The Lion King fan, I totally recommend getting this piece for your collection!  I absolutely love it and would play the music all the time (just ask Roomie!) until TDM warned me it wouldn’t last as long if I pressed the button like every other minute.

But every once and awhile, the button is just begging for use…and so I push it.  Just once.

Makes me so happy every single time.

GIF from stormborntargaryen.tumblr

ttfn!

2 comments:

  1. Just a little obsessive with the pictures of the box, maybe? (HAHAHAHA!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :P You're mean.
      I was trying to do what blog authors of other collectible blogs do -- take images of each side of the box. When in Rome, right? :P

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3