Thursday, March 22, 2012

My Disney Dad

So last weekend, my father and I went down south to visit a college.  Great trip, but that's not the focus of my post today.  No.  I'm gonna talk about something that happened on the trip home.

I hadn't slept well during the overnight part of the trip, so I slept for a while during the trip home.  My dad put a couple of his cassette tapes into the tape player in a car (yes we have tapes and a tape player--in the house and in the car!  And a record player.  And a VCR.... But I digress).

And when I'm talking about Dad's tapes, I mean old.

Like young George Strait.  And people I've never heard of.

Anyway, there pieces of his past.  I respect that.  I just tease him about them because I think they're boring old tapes.   Not what I like to listen to.

When I woke up, he and I listened to the tapes for a little while longer.  Then he said something about...I don't really remember what he said exactly, but it was something like he didn't know which one to listen to next (he's got a whole case full of them).

I grinned and leaned back in my seat. "I know what we can listen to!"  And I took out a Disney songs tape from the three drawer container in the car (where the kids--mostly little kids--tapes are).

Dad took one look at the tape I'm offering to him and said, "No Disney."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because I'm not a kid anymore, and neither are you."

Now let me explain something.  My dad is not a Disney hater.  Everyone in my family knows I love Disney.  My dad likes the movies too.  I guess he thought I was just being weird/kiddish that day.

But it burst my happy Disney bubble.

So now my quest is to change this Beast into a Disney Prince....

My dad now.
Picture from the Disney Wiki.
But I will change him into a Prince...
Picture from the Disney Wiki.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3