Thursday, March 1, 2012

One More Disney Day (Update 2)

Well, folks, One More Disney Day has ended.  The park's fun all-nighter technically ended this morning at midnight (according to Walt Disney's Facebook page, guests starting filing out at 6 a.m.), and now...I don't know what they're doing.  Cleaning up?

A sign for the One More Disney Day event.
Did they get a sprinkling?
Photo from Walt Disney World's Facebook album.

Throughout the day, Walt Disney World, the Disney Parks Blog, and Disneyland have been posting hundreds of photos, updates, and videos.

Thought I'd share them with you.

Photos

As you know, Walt Disney World posted an album of photos for the daytime festivities, as I shared in the first update.  As the all-nighter wound down to the actual nighttime part, another album came up.

On the other side of the nation, Disneyland, also open for the 24-hour party, posted their own albums highlighting the fun going on at their park.  Here's one about the entire One More Disney Day (not split up like Walt Disney World for day and night).  Looks like everyone had lots of fun (so wishing I was there!!).  The other album featured photos from the 1 a.m. showing of Fantasmic (definitely one of the best Disney shows at the Parks).

Disney Park's Blog also featured a photo album taken during the event at the Magic Kingdom.  Don't you just love Mickey and Minnie in their pajamas?  Too cute.

Mickey and Minnie showed up to greet guests in their
pajamas for the One More Disney Day all-nighter.
Apparently, so did several of the guests!
Photo from the Disney Parks Blog.

Below is a video I found on YouTube about it.


Videos

Walt Disney World featured another video on their Facebook page.  They'd done one early in the morning as the event kicked off, and as the night rolled in they posted another video (and another photo album, mentioned above).  I couldn't find the video when I tried to post it on this post (the YouTube search couldn't find it) so I've just included the link.

Disney Parks Blog also included a video of Disneyland's event kicking off.


This also looked like an interesting video of the people lining up late evening the day before so as to get into Disneyland...makes me think of when Apple releases their new iPhones, and the lines are huge....hey, it's Disney.


And finally, here's another one I found on One More Disney Day: the opening ceremony at Walt Disney World.



Updates

Disney Parks Blog posted about the event here, with a few other pictures.  Looks like fun!  Question: would you have worn your pajamas?  I would have!

And here's an article from The Baltimore Sun about the event.  I think I'd be way too excited and pumped to fall asleep!

That's all for now.  I might post some more as I hear more about it.  Until then, happy Disney Freaking!

Walt Disney and Mickey, friends forever.
Celebrating the One More Disney Day at Magic Kingdom.
May all your wishes come true!
Photo from the Disney Parks Blog.
Now it's time for just another Disney day at the parks.

2 comments:

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3