Friday, January 4, 2013

Mickey Squared

So ya’'ll have known for awhile about my special graduation Mickey Mouse plush. (He will get his own post soon!)

Well about my third week of college life or so, I got a package slip in my mail box.  I asked (okay, texted) MMM if she’d sent me something, but she hadn’t.  As the slip gave me no indication of the sender (it only had my name), I was extremely curious.
But doesn’t curiosity killed the cat?

(Where does that come from, anyway?)

Oops, rabbit trail!

As soon as I was done with classes for the day, I headed to the library to retrieve my package.  Lo and behold, it was from Fairy Grandmother.  And that made me more curious.

Not just a card but a package?

In my dorm room, I got to work tearing it open.  It was small, just fitting in the palm of my hand.

Well, apparently, Grandma is repetitive (in a good way) because it was…

Another Mickey.



077
Yeah, he looks a bit weird here.
Picture taken by THE Disney Freak;
do not remove watermark.

According to the accompanying letter, she said she found him in a thrift store near where she lived and thought of me.  Figured I could clip him onto my backpack via the special clip on his head.


078
He even comes with his own backpack -- hence
his name: Mickey Mouse Backpack Pal.
Picture taken by THE Disney Freak;
do not remove watermark.


079
Inside his backpack, there's a small notebook
and a pencil for him to use for taking notes...
on what is the question.
Picture taken by THE Disney Freak; do not
remove watermark.


081
A better picture of his front view.
Picture taken by THE Disney Freak;
do not remove watermark.
016
Front of tag.
Picture taken by THE Disney Freak;
do not remove watermark.


017
Back of tag.
Picture taken by THE Disney Freak;
do not remove watermark.

While I could find a place for him to hang from my messanger bag, I think he looks fantasmic hanging from my corkboard!  A small reminder of home away at home.


076
Picture taken by THE Disney Freak;
do not remove watermark.

And of course he just had to meet the other resident Mickey:


080
Awh, they look so darn cute together!
Think Minnie would approve? :)
One of my new favorite pictures.
Picture taken by THE Disney Freak;
do not remove watermark.

See ya all real soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting!
I try to respond to every comment, so check back to see my reply. Let's start a conversation!
Thanks again for making my day. <3